Well, we bought a fish today and it lasted about 4 hours. The kids named the goldfish "Goldie" and were quite enthralled with it. I thought we'd try something different after killing 3 bettas and having a cat (Marshmallow) for only 4 months. It has become painfully obvious that our family just cannot handle pets. :( I'm so sad for Kaleah, though, because she absolutely adores animals of all kinds. In fact, I would not be surprised at all if she became a vet one day. Anyway, we will not be adopting any more pets... EVER!
Elijah has officially potty trained himself! It just happened instantly when he wanted to have the toy "Gill" from Finding Nemo. Yay for toy bribery! We're still working on getting the hang of going potty when he has clothes on, but when he's home and naked, he's got it down!
Jonas is absolutely a gem of a baby. He smiles constantly and it always happy, except when he's sick. Then he just acts like a normal kid and fusses a little bit. He is SOOO close to walking -- it's going to happen any day now. He stands for a long time and looks at us and then finally plops down and laughs! It's so cute.
Kaleah has been inspiring me a lot lately with her "childlike" faith. She genuinely loves the Lord and she says things that just blow me away. Like the other day she prayed that the Holy Spirit would come and move as it once was. Wow. I asked her where she got it from and she said "I just knew it. I didn't hear it anywhere." She often talks about how she's excited to die because then she gets to go to heaven and meet Jesus. It's hard to know how to respond when she says stuff like that, but I'm thankful that she's so excited to meet Jesus. I hope it's not all just in the hopes that he'll turn her into a flying unicorn... :)
I'm hoping that I can update this online journal fequently. I really just want to treasure these moments I have with these precious kids God has given us. I am the luckiest mom on the planet.
No comments:
Post a Comment